Do you get flashes of mountains of Greek yogurt when you hear the word Probiotic? If you are considering revising your list of supplements taken daily, make sure this one is on it! The word probiotic comes from the Greeks too. “Pro” meaning to be “in promotion of” and “biotic” meaning life. Many Chinese scholars also believe that all diseases come from an unbalanced gut, but apart from that, the health benefits of probiotics can make a drastic improvement in your health issues.
Choosing the correct probiotic is also not that simple. A Probiotic is a “live culture” , so there is the ongoing debate of should you get yours from food (organic or non-organic?), supplements off the shelf which have been freeze-dried or should your container be certified and come from a fridge and go straight into your fridge when you get home..
There are many more alternatives than just consuming yogurt. Dr Shekhar K. Challa, an acclaimed gastroenterologist and author of “Probiotics for Dummies” recommends the following unpasteurized foods:
• Plain unflavored yogurt
• Kimchi and
• Kombucha tea.
The health benefits of Probiotics are also much more than just fixing what anti-biotics have done to you in a bout of illness. Many have also agreed to seeing improvements even in conditions such as acne and eczema when they started taking regular supplementation.
Benefits of Probiotics:
• Improvement of Digestive health – which includes from IBS relief to alleviating constipation.
• Urinary Health improvement as it prevents bacteria from entering the urinary tract, which is great if you fall victim when you are on anti-biotics or even just in general.
• Allergy reduction – Studies are still ongoing but there is a definite link to this and even to lessening the chance of your newborn having allergies when the mum-to-be had probiotic supplementation.
• Balanced Woman’s Health – Say no to yeast infections by taking probiotics. Studies show this is definitely a super gun to pull out when it strikes!
• Improved immunity – One of the main functions of probiotibs is to stimulate and boost your immunity. Goodbye colds and flus!
• Weight loss – Scientists are still doing tests, but it seems that obese people have different gut-bacteria than those of normal weight and there is a link to weight loss when this issue is rectified.
Another great way to improve your gut health is to perform regular Abdominal Massage. We recommend using The Bellabaci Aches and Pains Get Lost Genie and Body Cupping Massage system. You can do it in the comfort of your own home and a daily 5 minutes will greatly improve and repair any concerns. The Aches and Pains Get Lost Genie, which is a lotion that turns into a deep-treatment oil on application, also contains Homeopathic synergies and Aromatic complexes to restore your natural gut health and prevent the accumulation of waste build-up.