Cupping therapy is a well-known myofascial decompression therapy in athletics. It is a holistic treatment that many sportsmen and women seek out for muscle rehabilitation. It also helps to improve athletic performance and recovery.
Michael Phelps, the Olympic gold medalist, helped tremendously to raise awareness for Cupping Therapy in the Western world. He sported many cup marks on his back which was visible for all to see. Many people then realized it is not a painful treatment and the mark is not a bruise at all.
Where does cupping originate from?
It is unclear where cupping originated, either with the ancient Egyptians or Asian counties. The theory is the same regardless and has been for centuries. Like most other forms of muscle rehabilitation, cupping is all about increasing blood flow. This assists to relax the muscles and prepare for an optimal workout or training session.
Muscle rehabilitation – common areas that are treated with cupping:
Benefits of Cupping for muscle rehabilitation:
- Loosen tight muscles and adhesions. This is the main reason athletes find themselves needing help. Cupping therapy literally releases adhesions manually. This is your first step for muscle rehabilitation.
- Increase blood flow. Negative pressure is utilized with cupping therapy. Doing this causes fresh, oxygenated blood to rush to that area. Once the cup is removed, the benefits will carry on while the blood flows freely.
- Supply cell nourishment and accelerate the repair of damaged tissue.
- Reduce inflammation. The increased blood flow and the lifting of the tissues away from muscles and joints helps reduce inflammation by allowing the fluids to drain rapidly.
- Cupping pairs well with other treatments. These include therapies such as Acupuncture, Lymphatic Drainage or Reflexology.
- Cupping assists to reduce acidity in the body. Acidity contributes to muscle and joint stiffness. Once the pH is alkalized, the body can function better to ward off viruses, speed up recovery and improve flexibility.
You do not need to be an athlete to receive the benefits of cupping. You can use cupping every day for a variety of conditions.
Extra conditions assisted with Cupping:
- Scarring or stretch marks
- Chronic neck pain
- Fluid retention
- Headaches and migraines
Want to take repair and relief to the next level? Treat yourself to Bellabaci Hello Body Mechanic DIY Cupping Kit and bring comfort back into your life!
Have a question? Contact us HERE
Need to top up on your Bellabaci Wellness Products? Visit our online store and enter our world of ancient wisdom mixed with modern innovation.