- Hernias- Cupping can cause further protrusion and complications. Recommended Genie: Aches and Pains Get Lost to repair trauma and relieve pain.
- Slipped disc – Cupping can cause the disc to move due to the negative pressure. Recommended Genie: Aches and Pains Get Lost to repair trauma an relieve pain.
- Pregnancy – So far, no trials have been performed on pregnant clients by Bellabaci. Although fluid retention can be treated on the legs with superficial cupping using the soft cup, it is always advised to get your doctor’s approval before using any form of complimentary therapies. Recommended Genie: Circu Flow for the prevention and treatment of fluid retention, Spider and Varicose Veins and Skin Get A Life for the prevention and treatment of Stretch marks.
- Cancer (minimum remission of 5 years) – Cupping can interfere with the treatment and medication prescribed by the oncologist. Always consult your doctor before applying any form of complimentary therapies after the 5 year remission. Recommended Genie: Skin Get a Life Genie for the repair of skin following radiation and Circu Flow for general wellbeing and restoration of energy. (with consent from doctor).
- Blood disorders – Cupping therapy stimulates blood supply, which may not be advised where there are blood disorders and prescribed medications present. Recommended Genie: Circu Flow for general health and Skin Get a Life where skin elasticity has been compromised. Consult your doctor before applying any form of complimentary therapies.
- Weak, ulcerated or broken skin (localised) – Cupping can exert pressure and cause bleeding of the already fragile tissues. Recommended Genie: Skin Get A Life. To stimulate new cell production and strengthening of skin. Do not use on open lesions.
- Varicose Veins– The negative pressure of the cups will increase protrusion of the varicose vein. You can lightly drain the fluid exerting pressure on the varicose vein by working next to it and draining upwards, towards the lymphatic nodes. Take caution and ask for a demonstration by a certified Bellabaci Cupping Practitioner or therapist. Recommended Genie: Circu Flow to heal the veins and capillaries and strengthen capillary walls. Use also as a preventative measure.
- Phlebitis – Cupping therapy may interfere with the prescribed treatment or medication by the physician and speed up the removal of infection which may worsen symptoms experienced by the patient. Recommended Genie: Aches and Pains Get Lost for pain relief and healing and Circu Flow for general health and wellness.
- Renal failure or history thereof – Cupping may contribute to extra pressure on the already struggling kidneys as cupping therapy speeds up detoxification which is a main function of the kidneys. Recommended Genie: Circu Flow to assist the kidneys in their functioning and balance in the body.
- Cirrhosis of the liver or history thereof – Cupping may contribute to extra pressure on the already struggling kidneys as cupping therapy speeds up detoxification which is a main function of the liver. Recommended Genie: Circu Flow for general assistance to the liver and to alleviate feeling of illness.
- Heart disease or history thereof – Cupping therapy may interfere with the physician’s prescribed medication or on-going treatment. Consult with your practitioner before adding cupping therapy. Recommended Genie: Circu Flow to assist the body in general wellness and health.
- Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure – Cupping Therapy can cause blood pressure fluctuations and may interfere with the prescribed medical treatment. Recommended Genie: Circu Flow to assist the body in balancing blood pressure and the constriction and dilation of blood vessels.
- Diabetes – Diabetics bruise easily and have slow healing capability, which may cause undesired complications. Circu Flow for balancing and assisting the body’s different systems. Aches and Pains Get Lost where there is nerve damage and Skin Get a Life to prevent fissures from forming on feet.
- Energy Depleted Clients – Cupping induces a deep form of relaxation which may exert further complications on the adrenal glands. Circu Flow for an energy boost and Cellulite Be Gone to assist the adrenal glands to balance cortisol and other stress hormones.
- Clients on blood thinning medication (anti-coagulants) – Cupping therapy increases blood flow, and this fact may interfere with prescribed medications dosages and blood levels. Recommended Genie: Circu Flow to assist the body to a state of balance and general wellbeing.
Cupping therapy does not replace any medical treatment your client may be on. Do not advise your client to stop any medication and let him/her always check with the advising medical doctor if the treatment will be safe and not interfere with any further medical treatment. Safety first!
Some good news for those who cannot make Cupping Therapy a part of their walk to health and wellness! Our range of innovative Genies will have one that will fit you like a glove! These special formulations contain a one of a kind combination of the natural healing power of herbal energetic synergies and aromatherapeutic complexes to heal your body, and all it takes is the quick application of this luxurious treatment lotion that quickly turns into a non-staining oil!
Choose one of our four Genies, which best suits your condition and needs:
- Cellulite Be Gone
- Aches and Pains Get Lost
- Circu Flow
- Skin Get a Life
Although these sound like four very specific formulations, each Genie treats a wide array of related conditions. Read more about our four amazing Genies.