Not sure if it’s Cellulitis or Cellulite? Let’s clear that up!
In my years in the health and wellness industry, I have come to realize that cellulite can be confused with cellulitis. It is important to understand that these two conditions are miles apart. The one (cellulite) is an aesthetically, unwanted build-up of toxins, hormones and trapped fatty deposits. The other (celluliTIS) is a medically diagnosed condition. It is also needing medication such as antibiotics to eradicate its symptoms.
Here’s the lowdown on Cellulitis..
What is Cellulitis?:
- Cellulitis is a skin infection caused by bacteria. Usually, your skin helps protect you from infection. But if you have a cut, sore, or insect bite, bacteria can get into the skin and spread to the deeper tissues. If it is not treated with antibiotics, the cellulitis infection can spread to the blood or lymph nodes. This can be deadly.
- Some people can get cellulitis without having a break in the skin. These include older adults and those with diabetes or a weak immune system. They are more prone to develop dangerous problems from cellulitis. They may also get reoccurring cellulitis.
What are the symptoms of Cellulitis?
Initially, the affected area will be warm, red, swollen and tender. As the infection spreads, you may have a fever, chills and swollen glands.
Cellulitis can occur anywhere on the body. In adults it usually occurs on the legs, face or arms. An infection on the face could lead to a dangerous eye infection.
See a doctor right away if you have an infected area of skin and:
- The infected area is getting redder, more painful, or larger, or it has red streaks extending from it.
- You have fever or chills.
- The infected area is on your face or groin.
Cupping Therapy is contraindicated to the direct and immediate surrounding area of the cellulitis infection. As soon as medication and treatment is stopped, and you have the green light from your doctor, you may start cupping away to your hearts’ content!
PS: Don’t have your own set of Bellabaci Body or Face Cups yet? Go to https://www.bellabaci.com/buy-bellabaci/ and join the health revolution today!
Happy Cupping Everyone!